I’m afraid I don’t have many pictures for this post, but this recipe is so easy you won’t need them!
I love enchiladas, but I really don’t like spending half and hour cooking corn tortillas before I can even start! This easy recipe uses flour tortillas and precooked rice and chicken to make a meal that is quick and easy to put together (and delicious, if I do say so myself).
Easy Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas (Serves 6-8)
8 burrito-size flour tortillas
1 can green chile enchilada sauce
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 8 oz package cream cheese
mozzerella and cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 backing dish. Spread the sauce to make a thin layer on the entire bottom of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix rice, cream cheese, shredded meat, and a large handful of cheddar cheese. If you like spicy enchiladas, you can also mix in some hot sauce or salsa.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/3 cup of the rice mixture, then roll up burrito-style. Place each rolled enchilada in the pan.
4. Once all 8 enchiladas are rolled, pour more enchilada sauce over the top. Make sure there is at least a thin coating over all exposed tortilla so that it doesn’t dry out in the oven.
5. Sprinkle the top generously with mozzerella or cheddar (or both, like I did!).
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until hot all the way through.